Monday, January 10, 2011

To Date or Not to Date...

After speaking with some friends that are single, I think I am realizing that dating gets harder the older you are. 

When you're in your 20s there seems to be less pressure.  I think you can date for a while and there is little pressure to be married.  I think if you feel that pressure a lot of times it is from yourself.

When you're in your 30s there is a stigma attached to it.  I think, especially in the church, that people expect you to be dating to get married.  It makes me nervous/cautious for my single friends out there who are in their late 20s/early 30s.  I want them to be able to date with freedom.  Freedom to not feel pressure, freedom to not have to be serious with who they are dating, and freedom to just enjoy the process of dating.  Is that too much to ask?

1 comment: